Friday, March 6, 2009

Open Mic

I have been playing piano against the background of a roaring freeway. The sound filters in and becomes graced as a late winter stream flowing away from its source. Haydn is great for a rusty player. His melody drives the desire to practice. Than i play my own stuff and think of the next opportunity to play for the crowd. Yesterday I took a drive out to the mountains. The snow melted into blue ice patches, like drops of rain that would not budge. There is open sky here and freeways and a piano and its all really good and sane. Today is a new day, fresh and beautiful and the little dog who barks for love is awaiting my walk. And I am planing on playing soon for an open mic.

1 comment:

Peter Clothier said...

Hey, Naftali! Welcome back to your blog! You write prose poems...