Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The Olive Grove


I saw the dark figure running down the hill with a slanted gait, which made his movement slow and heavy and somewhat burdensome, to the point where his ability to reach the bottom was questioned. It seemed almost un necessary to even make the effort. The black figure finally made it to the bottom of the hill and for a brief moment turned his head around to face me. From that distance I could not make a clear distinction, but for a moment I thought he looked like the local priest. He swiftly turned his head away and with a flash was gone into the next grove of trees that stood before him. I was about to turn back, when I noticed a black book laying on the ground next to an abandoned log. I picked up the book and noticed it was a Bible, who's cover had worn out its time. I thought to leave the old book there, but the sky was soon to turn gray and there was a chill in the air hinting rain.

No comments: