Monday, March 16, 2009

Coffin (Part three)

I met Monica some years back in Munich. I was passing through from a three month back pack journey through Europe and North Africa. We met on the main drag of Munich as she was coming out of a local ice cream shop. As we waited for a light to turn green, she opened the conversation and we hit things off. She was with a group of fellow Italian students who were in Munich for the summer learning German. She was tall and with red rolling curls that came down to her navel. We walked all night together, through the streets of Munich. It was summer and the evening palmy. We wanted to spend the night together and our imagination was stretched as she shared one room with her younger sister and a friend. In the end she offered me the pool-side bench in the apartment complex. She offered me a sheet and so I found myself sleeping on a wooden bench, next to a swimming pool in Munich.

No comments: