Monday, April 13, 2009

East

The declaration of my leaving came on a cold and rainy night far from the cessation of a stubborn and lingering storm which would stay on longer than expected and did not make matters any more easy for me. Of course it was not a good time to leave, and Monica knew this and held on to the reasoning of the storm which seemed to have taken her side of things. My mind was set and there was no turning back. I only hoped that the roads were still open the next day so that i would make the afternoon train going East. There was a morning bus, usually on schedule that would get me into town, and still provide me time for a last minute coffee in my favorite cafe, which was directly across the street from the aged train station.
The next morning I had a brief breakfast with Grandmother who was more occupied with the newspaper, as she held the towering paper with both hands and sneaking her coffee with a swift gesture,so as not to lose her place. Monica was in the next room preparing the girls for school and Bilbo the cat was laying at his usual spot,facing the front door with a slight break in his eye,peering out to the sparse light left over from the night storm.

No comments: