Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Observations!

They play some good ballads here on the radio. I dont understand them, but I like the melody. Today I found out that Istanbul is a 39-hr train trip that costs two hundred dollars. The train goes to Brno, Budapest,Belgrade and than Istanbul. The receptionist thought I was crazy for asking, but I love to toy around with the idea. Im alone allot here, now I know what it feels like to be alone. its amusing because im such an outsider here, looking in. Sometimes I see a smiling face, usually someone young. The older men all have a pink blush on their faces. I guess its from the beer. I saw two old men sitting at a table next to me. They looked like brothers but they were friends. I said to them "Comrade" (friends) and they nodded in agreement, then again they could have been gay, who really cares anyway. I told a friend in the States that I miss being with Jews. He thought what does it matter who you are with. I told him I need a Jewish community I can tap into on occasions, keeps me grounded. Thats the thing that bothers me here, the things that keep me grounded are limited at best and sitting in a pub all night hovering over a beer is not grounding for me. But the women are beautiful, almost too good to be true, like candy you want to eat but you know you will find a cavity the next day. But who cares about cavities anyway when all you really want is a warm body to hug.

No comments: