Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The body speaks the mind waits.

For some time my body has been speaking to me. Let me tell you what its been saying. "Get out of here" I thought this might be the tremors of whats called culture shock. But Ive been to Europe many times, and even lived there for a stint or two, so that argument wont fly. I tried to console my wordless body,telling him that he should chill out, relax enjoy the ride, maybe even find some-other body who will enjoy a ride. But, there was knocking at the door, at first faint and than with a pounding thrust and I had to listen and listen well. Sometimes its ok to throw the towel to be honest with oneself and make a decision, even though that decision will affect others for good or bad. Sometimes I need to stick with things and see them through, but here something was knocking really hard and I had to listen and act. And so I will be off again to another place. I am on a journey. In this journey, its ok to make mistakes. Its ok to change my mind. Its ok to say No, and Its ok to disappoint, because that is what makes a real and honest journey.

No comments: