Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Saba Zell

I saw my Grandfather the other day. He stood on the tram platform smoozing with some people. He even had the white thin mustache that pressed tightly against his upper lip. It looked like he was headed for another journey, only this time he was traveling light. He had a small black leather bag and an umbrella, and that was it. For a moment I thought he was there for me. His warmth of presence entered my heart, something so familiar and yet so far away. I had almost forgotten that feeling, and wondered how would it be to really see him again. But, he was on his own journey this time, to G-d knows where, and he was merely passing through, just to let me know that everything is going to be ok, that I am not alone here, and that he will be around.

2 comments:

Dan said...

"hello lansman, where are you from?"
(i've seen him around here too.)

Dan said...

"hello lansman, where are you from?"
(i've seen him around here too.)