Monday, September 8, 2008

Kafka.

In my early twenties I went through A Kafka phase. I was living in San Francisco in the Hait Asbury district, renting a small room on Webster street. There was A corner used book store that kept me busy. I had always been interested in philosophy and spirituality and Kafka had A way of bringing these two forces together. I have so far learned that Kafka had an interest in Hasidism. to what extent I dont know, but to me he was always searching, even though his searches bordered on the tragic and morose side of things. But not all the time. It is no accident that I am renting A room facing the cemetery Kafka is buried in. I am amused and A little delighted that I am making something of a full circle in my life. Something of those early years in San Francisco, when my passion was alive, when I felt hungry for the world, for life, for travel; that at this time Im starting to feel it again here in Prague not far from Kafka's grave.

No comments: