Sunday, November 29, 2009

Prague

I woke to the sound of traffic from my second floor room. my window,slightly open to appease A stubborn heater which kept going all night. outside the street was jammed with the morning clamor of cars and trucks nailed together like box cars headed for the same direction. I got up in A foggy haze. My eyes half shut from too deep of A sleep where unwanted thoughts may have krept in un willingly. I made my way to the makeshift Kitchen, with the old timeless burner and A military like pitcher which would become my lifeline to the real world,especially after A good coffee. And then I remembered I was in Prague and yes, that there was A pressing matter that brought me hear from the start, and slowly the thoughts for the day appeared from the haze, and I remembered that I came to see my brother, who for reasons out of my control had so far eluded my finding him, and that this was becoming more A catch and seek than A catch. These crazy thoughts which crept up,especially at night and that it should all happen in A strange land,threw me off guard. But it was first thing first, and for now I can only focus on my coffee.

No comments: