Thursday, July 16, 2009

Micheal

I came to prague to meet my twin brother Michael, who had decided to prolong his stay there. We agreed to meet somewhere in the center,and because of a miscommunication from the long distance telephone static ,no name of a square, nor a street, nor the name of his hotel was ever disclosed. I decided to go by intuition alone, and perhaps a little of the twin synchronicity that up till that moment, I had never put to use. I decided to walk. I left the bulk of my belongings at the station in one of the archaic storage containers, that took me half the day to figure out how to use , and headed out towards the center of town. I am actually good with maps, but they are quite useless in Prague when it comes to the meandering streets, and better to use your instinct and good sense then to get even more lost with an overused map. I headed east on one of the broader boulevards that took me past small boutiques and cornered little cafes and book stores. The sidewalks are thin in Prague and much of the time is spent dodging the passerbys,especialy during a busy hour. I continued in a gradual pace and slowly found myself deep inside a maze of intertwining,convoluted passages that seemed to lead nowhere.

1 comment:

Peter Clothier said...

Hello, Naftali--glad to see you're back at it. I enjoy your vignettes, and wonder where they'll lead you. I hope you're having fun with them. All good things to you...